Tuesday, May 5, 2009

America's Next Top Model



Each season of America's Next Top Models thousands of women try out. Anywhere between 10-14 women make it into the cast. No men try out for this because throughout the years of the shows, this show isn't geared towards men. The ages for the show are anywhere between 19 to 24 years old but I'm sure there can be older ones there as well. This show makes you put your whole heart into it, and make sure you perform your best 24-7. If you don't do what you are told you could be in the bottom two and either you or the other person will be cut.

There isn't any so called model's overweight but they are very skinny every time I watch the show. The boss of the show is Tyra Banks which is a former winner of America's Next Top Model. She puts a lot of effort into the show and making each and every person put their whole heart into the competition. If I was a contestant of this show I don't think I would be able to put up with Tyra and the judges when it comes down to judging. They are so cruel and it would put me down and not want me to be taken as something I'm not. The dress different each and every different role they play for in that day. I think the less clothes the better is eager to this show. I can't believe they get away with some of the stuff they do to the girls in their end picture for the end of the day!

The women are portrayed the same on a weekly basis. They dress up, get their hair and make up done and basically turn out to be totally different people then they are in the long run! For the part that I can tell the women are all straight and have a lot of drama! The audience is pretty much geared towards anybody who wants to watch it, I think. I would recommend it to pretty much everybody! It is a fun show to watch!!

Overall, I don't believe women are portrayed correctly at all. I know for a fact the women aren't the true person they are before each and every task that they go through. Between all the makeup and the different styles of hair they go through they defiantly aren't the same person in the end. It takes me until they say the woman's name to realize who the true person is. It is kind of sad that they can not have their true beauty when the compete the be America's Next Top Model.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent photo choice. It really adds to your writing and the point you're trying to make.

    ReplyDelete